The Emma G. Harris Foundation awards grants to support established technical, industrial, household and domestic training programs for young adults.
Donor Name: Emma G. Harris Foundation
State: Rhode Island
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Grant Duration: 1 year
Although household and domestic training programs are mentioned, the Foundation is focused on preparing youth and young adults, ages 14 to 24, to work outside of the home.
The majority of grants from the Harris Foundation are 1 year in duration.
- Preference is given to nonprofit, community-based organizations that provide vocational or job skills training programs in the state of Rhode Island
- Successful applications from nonprofit organizations must offer vocational or job skills training via an established course that is offered to youth and young adults ages 14 to 24.
- More specifically, courses must:
- Offer vocational or job training, rather than general education. ESL/ESOL may be included in vocational/job training requests
- Focus on youth and young adults, ages 14 to 24, rather than adults and/or people who are currently employed
- Be established courses (as opposed to newly launched).
The Foundation does not consider:
- Grants for startup programs
- Grant requests for capital projects
- Programs targeted to middle school students or younger, even though they mentions boys and girls in her will.
For more information, visit Bank of America.