South Carolina Humanities is seeking applications for its Major Grants program to support public programs designed to be accessible by a broad audience, to serve citizens in urban, rural, and small-town settings, and to make possible humanities programs that illuminate and enrich the lives of both audiences and scholars.
Donor Name: South Carolina Humanities
State: South Carolina
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/12/2022
Size of the Grant: $2,000 – $10,000
SC Humanities seeks to enrich the cultural and intellectual lives of all South Carolinians by providing high-quality programs that enrich minds and broaden perspectives, foster positive human relationships, encourage good citizenship and bring together the diverse people of the statewide culture.
Major Grants are for public humanities programs that are large in scale.
Grant awards are in sums between $2,000 and $10,000.
SC Humanities seeks projects that:
- cause people to analyze critically their values, beliefs, and attitudes relating to both the past and the present
- promote public awareness of the importance and pervasiveness of the humanities in daily life
- build alliances and networks across the state through collaboration with local organizations including education, business, federal, state and local governments;
- make a particular effort to reach underserved areas of South Carolina and ensure that all counties have access to SC Humanities and its programs;
- can become self-perpetuating or that have a high possibility of extended/ lasting impact;
- preserve and promote knowledge and understanding of the history, story and culture of South Carolina;
- engage with current technologies as a means to communicate with larger audiences;
- demonstrate collaboration among teaching institutions and cultural entities to increase the possibility of interdisciplinary exchanges.
Any nonprofit organization or institution may apply for SC Humanities grants for projects and programs of interest to South Carolinians. Applicants must have an EIN number and a DUNS number. The humanities must be central, not tangential, to the project. Funds awarded by SC Humanities are federal in origin and are subject to the federal criteria that governs administrative requirements, allowable costs, and audit requirements. SC Humanities will provide information about OMB requirements to grantees.
For more information, visit Major Grants program.