RENEW Wisconsin’s Solar for Good initiative fosters the expansion of solar power among mission-based nonprofits and houses of worship in Wisconsin.
Donor Name: RENEW Wisconsin
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $50,000
Through a generous partnership with the Couillard Solar Foundation, RENEW Wisconsin awards grant-funding or solar panels to nonprofit organizations, helping them switch to clean, renewable, solar energy.
RENEW Wisconsin prioritizes organizations that work in the areas of social justice, low-income communities, people of color, children or seniors, rural Wisconsin, education, and new technology or innovation. Solar for Good celebrates awarded solar projects and helps nonprofit organizations educate their communities about the benefits of solar power.
What Does Solar for Good Offer?
Applicants can choose to apply for solar panels, solar canopies, or project grants.
SOLAR PANELS: RENEW Wisconsin will administer solar panel donations through the Couillard Solar Foundation. Nonprofits can be awarded up to 50% of the panels required for their solar project, based on system size.
- For solar systems smaller than 100 kilowatts, a nonprofit can be awarded up to 50% of the solar panels required, up to 75 panels (~$25,000 value).
- For systems 100 kilowatts and larger, a nonprofit can be awarded up to 50% of the solar panels required, up to 150 panels(~$50,000 value).
PROJECT GRANTS: RENEW Wisconsin will administer grants for solar projects through the Couillard Solar Foundation and the Array it Forward initiative.
- For solar systems smaller than 100 kilowatts, a nonprofit can receive $150 for every 1 kW of solar energy installed, with a maximum award of $10,000.
- For solar systems larger than 100 kilowatts, a nonprofit can receive $150 for every 1 kW of solar energy installed, with a maximum award of $20,000.
SOLAR CANOPIES: RENEW Wisconsin will administer canopy donations through the Couillard Solar Foundation. The canopy is sold complete, including panels, beams, tie bars, clamps and hardware.
- A base cash grant of $6,000 will be awarded for the first 20kW in system size.
- Each additional 10kW will receive an additional $3,000.
Any nonprofit organization located in Wisconsin and serving Wisconsin may apply.
- In order to receive an award, the organization must be a registered nonprofit organization located in Wisconsin, be in good financial standing and able to accept donations, and own its building and/or be able to make necessary changes to its roof or property to accommodate solar.
- Please note that this program is designed to fund mission-based organizations. In addition, organizations receiving an award must agree to participate in educating community members about the benefits of solar energy. Grants are prioritized to organizations that perform service in the following areas:
- Children or Seniors
- Low-Income Communities
- People of Color
- People with Disabilities
- Rural Wisconsin
For more information, visit Renew Wisconsin.