Donor Name: Kentucky Arts Council
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $3,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
The Performing Artists Directory-Touring (PAD-T) Grant is a matching grant that helps make quality public performances available to the people of the commonwealth. This program provides presenters with support to book performers of dance, music, theatre and storytelling from the Kentucky Arts Council Performing Artists Directory.
Performances supported by this grant must:
- Feature an artist or artists from the Kentucky Arts Council’s Performing Artists Directory
- Last a minimum of 60 minutes
- Be open and marketed to the public and dedicated to serving a wide audience
- Include a targeted audience of local participants
- Present the artist for whom funding is being sought as the primary performer and not as backup or support for other performers
- Follow all local, state and federal COVID-safety protocols in effect at the time of the performance
- Performances at schools must target and be convenient for a community audience.
- Performances supported by this grant may not be used to proselytize or for political or fundraising purposes.
- A signed Intent to Perform Agreement, imbed link to Intent to Perform Agreement Letter of Agreement or Artist Contract that includes artist fees; performance date, time and location; load-in/load-out times; and other notable information is required. The agreement with the artist may be contingent upon confirmation of PAD-T funding.
- All grant-funded events must be accessible to constituents with disabilities. For the purpose of these guidelines, accessibility relates to the performance and facility. In addition to physical access (ramps, accessible parking/box office/restrooms/seating, etc.), communications and programmatic accessibility are required and can help organizations build audiences and strengthen engagement. Grant applications should show evidence of thoughtful planning and implementation efforts. The National Endowment for the Arts has resources to assist arts organizations in making accommodations.
The PAD-Touring Grant is a matching grant. Applicants may request up to $3,000 for Performing Artist Directory artist fees and marketing and promotion for the performance.
July 1, 2023-June 30, 2024
- Nonprofit organizations with annual budgets under $1,000,000, including arts organizations, public libraries, churches, schools, cooperative extension offices, social service agencies, health departments and other community-based organizations serving Kentuckians
- Nonprofit presenting organizations based within colleges and universities and K-12 public schools
- Kentucky state and city parks
The Kentucky Arts Council encourages applications from a variety of eligible organizations including:
- Organizations that serve populations that are underserved, such as those whose opportunities to experience the arts are limited by ethnicity, economics, geography or disability
- Organizations from rural and urban communities
- Organizations that may be applying for Kentucky Arts Council support for the first time
- Applicants must have existing IRS tax-exempt status at the time of application and must retain that status throughout the grant period. Governmental applicants must provide proof of government status.
- Applicant organizations must be legally chartered in Kentucky, have their headquarters in Kentucky and hold their primary activities in Kentucky.
For more information, visit PAD-T Grant.