The Neighborhood Entryway Enhancement Matching Grant Program was established by City Council to provide funding assistance to City of Novi’s Homeowner Associations to support their efforts to enhance their neighborhoods through high-quality, sustainable neighborhood entranceway beautification projects.
Donor Name: City of Novi
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/28/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
These projects are intended to enhance a subdivision entrance through significant and permanent physical improvements, such as adding or modifying entrance signs, constructing flower beds, planting trees and shrubs, upgrading lighting, and making other entryway related improvements. A neighborhood is not eligible to be awarded a grant in consecutive years.
The total amount of funds requested (50% project costs up to $5,000 maximum).
- To qualify, projects must be located at the entrance of to a neighborhood, clearly visible from the public right-of-way. Eligible projects may be either new construction or installation of physical improvements or a rehabilitation of existing improvements. Examples include entryway signage, updated landscape beds, benches, and streetscape amenities. Work involving routine maintenance, installation or removal of annual plants, or other recurring tasks is not eligible.
- The project must comply with City of Novi ordinances and regulations, Novi Residential Entryway Signage requirements, and state and local laws.
- If there is an impact on property owners or other non-city agencies (e.g. road commission) written permission and approval of project from the appropriate entity must be obtained and provided.
- Projects are encouraged to be environmentally sensitive and be of a sustainable nature. The project may not include the use of invasive species.
- The neighborhood or Homeowner’s Association has not been awarded a grant in the previous two years.
For more information, visit Enhancement Matching Grant Program