The Maryland Department of Natural Resources has announced the Grants Gateway application is open for local governments and organizations.
Donor Name: Maryland Department of Natural Resources
Type of Grant: Grant
- Outcome 5 proposal: 09/16/2022
- Outcome 1-4 proposal: 12/15/2022
Size of the Grant: $100,000
Grant Duration: 24 months
Maryland’s communities are challenged by intense storms, changing sea levels and more frequent flooding while balancing growing populations, economic growth, and increased tourism and recreation. These trends make the already challenging task of restoring the Chesapeake Bay, safeguarding people and infrastructure and managing natural resources even more complex. Maryland’s Chesapeake and Coastal Grants Gateway (Grants Gateway) provides a resource for partners seeking technical and financial support for projects that foster healthy and resilient ecosystems, communities and economies.
Through connections across the funds managed by the Chesapeake & Coastal Service (CCS), the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) seeks to support comprehensive and integrated projects that achieve (at least one of) the following outcomes:
- Outcome 1 – Accelerate recovery and restoration of natural resources by implementing non-point source pollution reduction projects.
- Outcome 2 – Enhance capacity to understand and effectively plan to address flood risks associated with a changing climate.
- Outcome 3 – Utilize natural and nature-based infrastructure to enhance community resilience to climate change.
- Outcome 4 – Improve student ability to take action benefiting Chesapeake and coastal ecosystems through professional development, curriculum expansion, outdoor learning and stewardship.
- Outcome 5 – Foster sustainable development and use of Maryland waterways with projects that benefit the general boating public.
- Outcome 2: Proposals may request up to $75,000 of funding for projects that will be a maximum of one year in duration.
- Outcome 3: Proposals may request design/permitting, design-build or construction funding, with a maximum of $100,000 for the design/permit phase. Design projects will be a maximum of 24 months in duration and construction projects a maximum of 12 months in duration.
The Grants Gateway provides a single point of entry to streamline the grant application process for governments, academic institutions and non-governmental organizations.
For more information, visit Maryland Department of Natural Resources.