The Maryland State Department of Education is seeking applications to help youth with disabilities make a successful transition from public education to employment, postsecondary education, and life in their community.
Donor Name: Maryland State Department of Education
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $3,500 – $250,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
Transition services are intended to help youth with disabilities make a successful transition from public education to employment, post-secondary education, and life in their community. In Maryland, secondary transition programs and services begin at age 14. Based on October 1, 2021 Snapshot Data Count, Maryland had 96,543 students K-21 receiving special education and related services through an Individualized Education Program (IEP). Of these students, 34,773 are students ages 14-21 who have individually designed transition plans as part of their IEP.
- Average Grant Amount: $3,500 – $250,000
- Grant Period: September 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023
This funding opportunity is designed for non-profit organizations, community-based partners, and Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs). Priority will be given to exceptional applications that address more than one high-leverage strategy.
Use of Funds
Funds may be used for:
- Tuition and fees
- Salaries, wages, and stipends
- Supplies and materials
- Technology and equipment
- Partnerships, project management, consulting, technical assistance
Funds may not be used for:
- Construction of temporary or permanent structures
- Food or meals
- Renting or maintaining building space
- Supplementing salaries and/or stipends during the regular workday.
For more information, visit MSDE.