Kentucky Arts Council is seeking applications for its TranspARTation Directory Program. The TranspARTation Directory connects K-12 schools with field trip destinations that provide high quality artistic experiences.
Donor Name: Kentucky Arts Council
Counties: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/02/2022
The TranspARTation Directory is a list of arts organizations and venues that provide field trip options for Kentucky students to study exemplary works of dance, music, theatre, literary, visual and digital media arts.
- To provide K-12 students with access to exemplary artistic experiences.
- To provide teachers with educational resources that enhance arts curriculum.
- To help students and teachers develop arts literacy through studying artistic theory, skills, and techniques.
- To provide students opportunities to use written and verbal communication to reflect on artistic experiences.
Who May Apply
- Registered nonprofit organizations or government/public entities operating in Kentucky.
- Kentucky Arts Partnership organizations are strongly encouraged to apply.
The arts council will review applications using criteria that correspond to the following performance expectations.
All organizations must:
- Provide exemplary artistic experiences suitable for K-12 students.
- Own, rent or otherwise have access to a permanent physical facility where field trips will be hosted that complies with current accessibility standards as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Operate year-round, holding at least one artistic experience (performance, class, exhibition, etc.) per annual quarter.
- Communicate with teachers before, during and after their field trips to help them design an educational artistic experience.
- Provide teachers with educational resources such as staff, materials, space or specialized programming that enhance their arts curriculum.
- Provide students and teachers with the opportunity to develop arts literacy through studying artistic theory, skills and techniques.
- Provide opportunities for students to use written and verbal communication to reflect on artistic experiences.
For more information, visit TranspARTation Directory.