Vision Grants offer up to $1,500 in support of brainstorming, researching, and professional development for organizations working collaboratively to develop new ideas and strategies for public-facing humanities projects.
Donor Name: Humanities New York
State: New York
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Size of Grant: $1,500
These grants aim to:
- Support emerging and established partnerships between different groups on a shared project that may develop into public-facing activities.
- Infuse program design with humanities themes and methodologies from the start.
- Encourage experimentation in program design.
- Build community input into program design.
HNY prioritizes support to projects that reach audiences with fewer opportunities to attend educational and cultural programming. Because they are a statewide organization, within each grant round we strive to make awards in as many regions of the state as possible. All subjects and themes relevant to the communities served are welcome. Other priorities include supporting small organizations (with operating budgets of less than $250,000) and rural organization.
Vision Grants offer up to $1,500
- Any tax-exempt organization that is based in and serves New York State may apply.
- HNY does not fund individuals.
- Each organization is eligible to receive one Vision Grant and one Action Grant OR one Vision Grant and one Quick Grant per year.
- Applicants with an open Action Grant project, including those whose grant periods were extended due to Covid-19 disruptions, must complete the project and submit the final report before applying for a new Action Grant.
For more information, visit Vision Grants.