Donor Name: The City of Pleasanton
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/19/2022
Size of the Grant: $475,000
The mission statement for the program is simple: “to enhance the qualify of life in Pleasanton”. The grant program provides funding for a wide variety of human services, community development, and housing projects and programs for individuals and families living in Pleasanton and in the Tri-Valley. Most of the grants are focused on activities that benefit lower-income residents.
Pleasanton is estimated to provide over $475,000 to projects and programs including medical visits and health care access for the uninsured; child abuse prevention services; meals and supportive services for seniors; mental health care; substance abuse counseling; domestic violence and homeless shelters; rental assistance for job training participants; fair housing counseling and tenant-landlord services; housing rehabilitation for low-income homeowners; and many more.
- The applicant demonstrates clearly the number of Pleasanton residents who will benefit from the activity/service in relation to the level of funding requested from the City of Pleasanton.
- The beneficiaries are an appropriate target group (lower-income residents, handicapped, elderly, youth, etc.)
- The funding of this activity/service benefits low and very low-income (rather than moderate-income) residents.
- Greater consideration will be given to agencies that serve individuals from the lowest income categories.
- The activity/service benefits impacted neighborhoods.
Non-profit, community-based organizations interested in applying for HHSG program funds must submit their project or program applications.
For more information, visit Housing & Human Services Grant.