The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has launched the Home and Community–Based Services (HCBS) Employee Scholarship Grant Program to provide fund employee scholarships for education and training in nursing and other health care fields.
Donor Name: Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
Counties: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022
Size of the Grant: $125,000
Grant funds must be used to cover costs related to a course of study that is expected to lead to career advancement with the provider or in the HCBS field.
- Estimated Amount to Grant: $1,450,000
- Estimated Number of Awards: 25-30
- Estimated Award Maximum: $125,000
- Estimated Award Minimum: $15,000
- Estimated: June 30, 2022 – June 30, 2025
- Grant funds must be used to support workforce development through scholarships and/or eligible in-house trainings for employees. Scholarships must be for courses or degrees directly related to courses of study that are expected to lead to career advancement with the provider or in the field of long-term care, including home care, care of persons with disabilities, or nursing within the HCBS field.
- The trainings must result in an industry recognized certification or credential, or include stackable course credits supporting adult basic education, a degree program, a diploma, or license.
- The certification must be awarded in recognition of an individual’s attainment of measurable technical or occupational skills necessary to obtain employment or advance within an occupation.
Nonprofit and for-profit organizations that meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply for an HCBS Employee Scholarship grant. An eligible applicant organization or facility:
- Is located in Minnesota;
- Primarily provides services to individuals who are 65 years of age and older in home and community-based settings;
- Is one of the following licensed providers:
- Housing with services establishment.
- Adult day care facility.
- Home care services provider.
- Offers an in-house employee scholarship and/or training program to its staff or is in the process of developing a scholarship/training program.
For more information, visit Minnesota Department of Health.