The North Dakota Department of Commerce is currently accepting applications for its Main Street Initiative (MSI) Vibrancy Grant Program to improve quality of life, helps attracting and retaining workforce, and enhancing community pride.
Donor Name: North Dakota Department of Commerce
State: North Dakota
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1,500
The Main Street Initiative (MSI) Vibrancy Grant Program supports local efforts to increase community vibrancy by providing seed funding for a small project that will build momentum and inspire additional projects. Community vibrancy improves quality of life, helps attract and retain workforce, and enhances community pride.
The Department of Commerce leads the efforts to attract, retain and expand wealth and improve the quality of life for the people of North Dakota. The Main Street Initiative, housed in the Department of Commerce, supports local efforts to develop a healthy, vibrant community with smart, efficient infrastructure that will attract and retain a 21st Century Workforce.
Any community in North Dakota could benefit from adding a spark of activity and energy to a part of their community. Whether community wants to add public art, activate underutilized space, or promote walking and biking, this program may interest all. By starting small and supporting an initial community vibrancy project, this grant program can inspire others in community to engage and contribute to community vibrancy, improving quality of life for visitors and residents.
The maximum grant award is $1500 per community per biennium.
This grant requires a community match, and all grant payments are made on a reimbursement basis. Matching dollars cannot be from other State of North Dakota funds. Match requirements vary by community
- Non-Main Street Community: a 1:1 match is required (100% of the requested amount must be matched); 100% of the match must be financial.
- Example: $3000 total project = $1500 Vibrancy Grant + $1500 community cash match
- Main Street Community: 100% of the requested amount must be matched by the community; 50% of the match can be in-kind.
- Example: $3000 total project = $1500 Vibrancy Grant + $750 community cash match + $750 local community in-kind allowance
- Main Street Champion Community: 100% of the requested amount must be matched by the community; 75% of the match can be in-kind.
- Example: $3000 total project = $1500 Vibrancy Grant + $375 community cash match + $1,125 community in-kind allowance
Not-for-profit community organizations are eligible to apply as are local political entities. Non-governmental entities must be registered with the North Dakota Secretary of State’s office to be eligible to receive funding.
For more information, visit Vibrancy Grant Program.