Georgetown Health Foundation (GHF) is currently accepting Letters of Intent (LOIs) from eligible organizations for its 2022 Annual Grant.
Donor Name: Georgetown Health Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/28/2022
Size of the Grant: $10,000-$50,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
Georgetown Health Foundation is committed to supporting local nonprofit organizations that expand or enhance the health needs in the Georgetown community. This is done through collaborating with local non-profit organizations.
- Priority 1 Basic Needs
- Food, Shelter, Housing
- Priority 2 Basic Needs/Social Determinants of Health (Direct)
- Priority 3 Social Determinants of Health (Supportive)
- NOTE: Funding requests cannot exceed 25% of an organization’s total operations in any given year.
July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
In order to be considered for funding, nonprofit organizations must ensure that their mission, vision, priorities, target population and service area align with GHF’s.
Georgetown Health Foundation generates and accelerates positive change in their Community’s health.
They imagine their Community as one in which all are empowered to build and sustain healthy, productive lives and they believe the health of Georgetown residents is influenced by the environment in which they live.
Georgetown Health Foundation agrees with the World Health Organization’s definition of health as ‘a complete state of physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of infirmity.’
They believe that social determinants of health are powerful influencers on this comprehensive definition of health. Social determinants of health are the conditions in which people are born, grow, work, live, and age, and the wider set of forces and systems shaping the conditions of daily life. These forces and systems include economic policies and systems, development agendas, social norms, social policies, and political systems.
Target Population & Geographic Service Area
- Defined as households whose total annual income is no more than 200% of federal poverty guidelines in any given year.
- Geographic service area
- Encompasses all residents living within Georgetown and its extra-territorial jurisdiction (ETJ) and includes the following zip codes: 78626, 78628, 78633, 78673, 78674, and 78634.
Please note, they do NOT fund:
- Direct support of individuals
- Clinical trials of drugs or devices
- For-profit organizations
- Programs that exclude participants on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation
- Support of political agendas or candidates
For more information, visit Georgetown Health Foundation Grants.