The Community Foundation of Abilene is currently accepting applications for its Future Fund Grants.
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/07/2022
Size of the Grant: $1,000 to $5,000
These individuals are committed to improving the quality of life in Abilene by focusing on the needs of the youngest community members. Earnings from the Future Fund Endowment provide grants to charitable organizations serving children and youth in Abilene.
Future Fund considers grants once per year, with a minimum of $30,000 in total grants awarded. Most grants range from $1,000 to $5,000.
Types of Projects to be Funded
Future Fund will consider funding for programs, special projects, and equipment needs for nonprofits serving children and/or youth in the community. Future Fund welcomes proposals from any nonprofit organization in Abilene with an IRS tax-exempt status. To be eligible to submit a grant proposal, an organization must be in compliance with any previous grant reporting requirements or conditions.
Proposal Review Process
The Future Fund Grant Committee will review proposals and arrange site visits if necessary or desired. The chances of your agency’s proposal being funded are substantially increased if the project:
- Proposes a practical solution to a youth or children’s issue;
- Promotes volunteer participation in the community;
- Is responsive to changing or emerging community needs;
- Leverages or generates other funding or resources;
- Promotes cooperation among nonprofit agencies without duplicating efforts;
- Addresses prevention as well as assistance for a problem.
- Consideration is also given to the capability of the agency and its staff and volunteers to achieve expected results, the adequacy and professionalism of the budget, and the support and cooperation of agencies involved in similar projects.
As a rule, Future Fund will not make grants for:
- Medical or scholarly research;
- Maintenance expenses;
- Membership fees;
- Ticket sales for charitable fundraising events;
- Church related activities unless they involve children in the entire community;
- Travel for groups, such as school classes, clubs or sportsteams;
- Participation in out of town camps;
- Projects, programs or eventsthat have been completed or itemsthat have already been purchased;
- Capital debt reduction;
- Political projects.
For more information, visit Future Fund Grants.