The Administration for Children and Families, Office of Head Start will solicit applications from public or private non-profit organizations, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or for-profit organizations that wish to compete for funds to provide Head Start and/or Early Head Start services to eligible children and families.
Donor Name: Administration for Children and Families
State: Puerto Rico
Municipalities: Vega Alta, Barrios, San Juan, Coawommo, Catano, Toa Baja, Isabela, Moca and Quebradillas
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/02/2022
Size of the Grant: $14,463,492
Grant Duration: 60 months
The Office of Head Start (OHS) is offering applicants the opportunity to apply for funding to serve pregnant women, infants, toddlers, and children from birth to compulsory school age in one application.
The goal of this NOFO is to ensure the distribution of resources to meet the demonstrated community needs of children from birth to compulsory school age, ensuring continuity of services and taking into account the availability of high-quality and comprehensive early childhood education opportunities (which may include public pre-kindergarten programs for 4- year-olds).
- Award Ceiling: $14,463,492 Per Budget Period
- Award Floor: $1,000,000 Per Budget Period
- Length of Project Periods: 60-month project period with five 12-month budget periods
- Entities applying for Head Start only – OR – both Head Start and EHS:
- Eligible applicants are limited to local public or private non-profit agencies, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or local for-profit agencies, pursuant to section 641(a)(1) of the Head Start Act, 42 U.S.C. 9836(a)(1) that can provide Head Start services to children and families residing in the service area(s). Applicants must demonstrate they meet the statutory requirement for designation as a Head Start and/or EHS agency as defined in the Head Start Act.
- Entities applying for Early Head Start only:
- Eligible applicants are any public or private non-profit agencies, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or for-profit agencies pursuant to section 645A(d) of the Head Start Act, 42 U.S.C. 9840A(d).
- Eligibility is limited to public or private non-profit organizations, including faith-based organizations or for-profit organizations, that can provide EHS services to children and families residing in the service area(s) listed above.
- Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity. Faith-based organizations may apply for this award on the same basis as any other organization, as set forth at and, subject to the protections and requirements of 45 CFR Part 87 and 42 U.S.C. § 2000bb et seq..
For more information, visit Grants.gov.