Ramsey County’s Critical Corridors Development & Infrastructure program is a redevelopment funding program that facilitates inclusive redevelopment and public infrastructure within transit, economic, and cultural corridors.
Donor Name: Ramsey County
County: Ramsey County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $500,000
- Boost connectivity between housing, jobs, retail, services and transportation.
- Create more compact, walkable environments.
- Enhance pedestrian access and safety.
- Support vibrant business districts.
Applicants may request grants up to $500,000 with a projected expenditure date of December 31, 2025.
- Extraordinary costs of housing, commercial or mixed-use redevelopment projects. o Site preparation: clearing, grading, and installation of streets or utilities.
- Public realm improvements or amenities. (publicly accessible spaces on private property).
- Stormwater management.
- Geotechnical soil correction.
- Adaptive reuse of buildings.
- Building & related structures removal (demolition, deconstruction and clearance).
- Parking removal associated with redevelopment (resulting in a net decrease of at least 10% of parking).
- Public site infrastructure improvements (water, sewer, sidewalks, exterior public lights, etc.).
- Projects not associated with a development project must be comprehensive (not just a single sidewalk or streetlight, for example).
- Strategic property acquisition.
- Eligibility limited to agencies preserving sites for future higher density development.
Developers (for-profit or nonprofit), government agencies and related development authorities.
- Building construction or renovation.
- Environmental remediation (including soil and groundwater).
- Streetscaping or landscaping.
- Tenant relocation costs.
- Tenant improvements.
- Soft costs, contingencies and administration.
For more information, visit Ramsey County.