The Baker-Polito Administration is pleased to announce the second round of the Community Empowerment and Reinvestment Grant Program. This program seeks to develop, strengthen, and invest in community-led efforts to bring positive economic outcomes to communities that face historically disproportionate challenges to economic growth.
Donor Name: Commonwealth of Massachusetts
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $500,000
The Community Empowerment and Reinvestment program is administered by the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development (EOHED) and offers flexible grant funding to support local partnerships. The program is designed to support projects in communities and neighborhoods across the Commonwealth that are led by these community-based coalitions, to carry out programming that meets the goals of the program as outlined in the state budget line item.
- $75,000: Generally for smaller organizations, such as resident-led associations or neighborhood groups.
- $500,000: Requests over $500K, up to $1M, will be considered, but will require additional information and confirmation of grantee’s capacity to manage and fully spend the grant by 6/30/23.
- Grants will be awarded to support the operations of a project from January 1, 2023 through June 30, 2023.
- Eligible Communities
- Any Massachusetts city or town (or neighborhood) that is disproportionately impacted by the criminal justice system, has a high percentage of individuals with an income below 250% of the federal poverty level, and has a large population of socially and economically disadvantaged and historically underrepresented groups.
- Eligible Lead Applicant
- Non-profit community-based organization, or municipal government, applying on behalf of a local partnership or coalition
- Eligible Project Partners
- Municipality, Community-Based Organizations, Schools, Local Businesses, Chambers of Commerce, Private Sector Partners, Neighborhood Associations, etc.
For more information, visit Commonwealth of Massachusetts.