The City of Westfield’s Community Development Department is seeking proposals for inclusion in its 2022-2023 Action Plan.
Donor Name: City of Westfield
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/04/2022
Size of the Grant: $345,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
The City of Westfield’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program is designed to expand opportunities for low and moderate-income citizens through the provision of public services, acquisition and improvements to public facilities, neighborhood improvements, housing and economic development opportunities.
- Economic Development
- Community Facilities
- Public Services
- Funding for the FY 2020-2021 Program year available under the CDBG Program is estimated to be in the amount of $345,000 CFRX, of which approximately $50,000 may be available for public service activities.
- The 2022-2023 Program Year will run from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
Eligible Activity Categories
Include Public Services, Public Facilities, Housing, Public Infrastructure, and Economic Development. Successful proposals must address the housing and community development needs presented in the City of Westfield’s Consolidated Plan.
Eligible CDBG Activities
Activities that are eligible for CDBG funding include, but are not limited to:
- Economic Development activities, including microenterprise assistance and lending to for-profit businesses,
- Public services, such as employment assistance, crime prevention, substance abuse, child care, health care, transportation, youth programs, fair housing counseling, etc.,
- Acquisition of real property,
- Clearance and demolition,
- Rehabilitation of privately or publicly owned commercial, residential and industrial buildings,
- Housing rehabilitation,
- Construction, reconstruction or installation of public facilities including, but not limited to the creation of parks, playgrounds, streets and sidewalks, public buildings (except for buildings for the general conduct of government),
- Historic Preservation,
- Related relocation, clearance and site improvements, and
- Homeownership assistance.
For more information, visit CDBG.