The City of Huntington Beach participates is seeking applications for its federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) programs.
Donor Name: City of Huntington Beach
City: Huntington Beach
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Nonprofit Public Service Organizations
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/16/2021
Size of the Grant: $404,839
Each year the City uses CDBG and HOME funds to assist nonprofit public service organizations that provide services and housing to low and moderate income residents.
The CDBG program is authorized under Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), through the federal budget process, allocates funds to communities who carry out the national objectives of the CDBG program: to benefit Low-Moderate Income persons, prevent or eliminate slums or blight, or to meet an urgent community need. Seventy percent (70%) of funds benefit persons of 80% median income or less.
- Estimated Total Allocation: $1,238,214
- 15% Public Services: $185,732
- Section 108 Payment (Estimated): $400,000
- Eligible Projects: $404,839
The following activities may be eligible for CDBG funding:
- Child Care
- Health Care Services
- Youth Services
- Public Safety Services
- Services for Senior Citizens
- Fair Housing Activities
- Crime Prevention
- Public Facility Acquisition/Upgrades
- Educational Programs
- Recreational Activities
- Food Pantries
- Drug Abuse Counseling and Treatment
Eligible agencies are limited to nonprofit organizations and City departments. Each proposed CDBG project must:
- Target one or more of the Priority Needs and Goals of the City of Huntington Beach 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan
- Be an eligible activity consistent with the provisions of HUD Title 24 CFR 570, Subpart C;
- Demonstrate compliance with the CDBG National Objective of providing benefit to Low and Moderate Income persons;
- Provide assistance and services to City of Huntington Beach residents only; and
- Have the financial capacity to immediately carry out and complete the project activity per the following 2022-2023 schedule: Begin July 1, 2022 and complete by June 30, 2023.
For more information, visit City of Huntington Beach.