Donor Name: City of Mountlake Terrace
City: Mountlake Terrace
Type of Grant: Grant
Lodging tax funds must be used for marketing or operation of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists. Under state law, they also may support the operations of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by nonprofits.
These programs should have the potential to increase overnight visits to Studio 6 and/or create a positive economic impact. For years, lodging tax funds have helped support community events such as 3rd of July Fireworks, Arts of the Terrace, and Tour de Terrace.
“Tourism” means economic activity resulting from tourists, which may include sales of overnight lodging, meals, tours, gifts, or souvenirs.
Service categories that apply to this application:
- Tourism Promotion/Marketing Activities
- Operation of a Special Event/Festival Designed to Attract Tourists
- Operation of a Tourism Promotion Agency
- Operation of a Tourism-Related Facility Owned or Operated or Nonprofit Organization
- Operation and/or Capital Costs of a Tourism-Related Facility Owned by a Municipality
State law (CHAPTER 67.28 RCW) requires you to provide estimates of potential economic impact. In addition, the city requires you to provide a description of how you calculated the estimates for the event, activity, or facility for which you are requesting funding, so the city may complete its annual report to the state.
- Nonprofit (Attach copy of current nonprofit corporate registration with Washington Secretary of State)
- Public Agency
For more information, visit City of Mountlake Terrace.