The City of Moreno Valley is pleased to announce Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) for the betterment of their community by enhancing their neighborhoods and improving public services for low and moderate-income citizens.
Donor Name: City of Moreno Valley
City: Moreno Valley
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022
HOME program funds must be used to create, retain, or rehabilitate affordable housing. The purpose of the HOME program is:
- To expand the supply of decent, safe, sanitary, and affordable housing, primarily rental housing.
- To strengthen the ability of state and local government to provide housing.
- To assure that federal housing services, financing, and other investments are provided to state and local governments in a coordinated, supportive fashion.
- To expand the capacity of nonprofit community based housing development organizations (CHDOs).
- To leverage private sector participation in financing affordable housing.
Eligible HOME Activities
- Loans and grants provided by Participating Jurisdictions (the City of Moreno Valley is a Participating Jurisdiction) to develop and support affordable rental housing and home ownership affordability through acquisition, new construction, reconstruction, or rehabilitation of non-luxury housing (including manufactured housing).
- Operating expenses and capacity building costs for eligible Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO).
- Eligible administrative and planning costs.
Ineligible HOME Activities
- Project reserve accounts or operating subsidies.
- Tenant-based rental assistance for the special purposes of the Section 8 program.
- To provide non-federal matching contributions.
- To provide assistance to annual contributions for the operation of public housing.
- Modernization of public housing.
- Prepayment of low-income housing mortgages.
- Assistance to a project previously assisted with HOME funds during the period of affordability.
For more information, visit Home Investment Partnership Program.