The City of Moreno Valley is seeking applications to enhance and maintain viable urban communities through the provision of decent housing and a suitable living environment and the expansion of economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons.
Donor Name: City of Moreno Valley
City: Moreno Valley
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022
The primary objective of the CDBG Program is the development of viable communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanded economic opportunities for low and moderate income residents. CDBG funds can be used for a variety of community development activities including, but not limited mto public service projects such as, services for seniors, after-school programs, public safety, job training, homeless assistance, housing activities, public infrastructure projects, and economic development activities.
Eligible CDBG Activities
- Acquisition, design, construction, rehabilitation, or installation of certain publicly owned facilities such as:
- Parks, playgrounds and recreational facilities.
- Senior centers, except 24-hour care facilities.
- Neighborhood facilities.
- Fire protection facilities and equipment.
- Parking facilities.
- Street improvements.
- Flood, drainage, or sewer facilities.
- Other improvements vital to a community’s development.
- Acquisition of property that is: of historic value; appropriate for beautification or conservation of open spaces; appropriate for low or moderate income housing.
- Clearance and demolition of buildings and land which may be a health hazard to the community. Interim assistance or temporary help to alleviate harmful or dangerous conditions.
- Removal of architectural barriers which restrict the mobility of handicapped persons.
- Rehabilitation and preservation of buildings and improvements, both publicly and privately owned.
- Code enforcement in designated target areas.
- Historic preservation activities.
- Eligible economic development activities.
- Eligible planning and environmental design costs.
- Public services including, but not limited to: fair housing activities, public safety services, homeless services, senior citizen services, educational programs, youth services, drug abuse counseling & treatment and recreation programs.
Ineligible CDBG Activities
- Buildings for the general conduct of government, such as city halls, courthouses, and police stations.
- Stadiums, sports arenas, auditoriums, museums and central libraries (Note: branch libraries may be built in CDBG Target Areas).
- Purchase of equipment such as construction equipment, fire protection equipment, furnishings, and personal property.
- Airports, subways, bus or other stations.
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and other medical facilities.
- Treatment works for liquid industrial wastes or sewage.
- Expenses of general government for operation and maintenance of public facilities.
- Political activities.
- Direct income payments to residents
For more information, visit Community Development Block Grant.