Donor Name: City of La Habra
City: La Habra
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $ 1,000 and $ 25,000
These funds may be used, subject to key prohibitions, to:
- Support public health expenditures, such as funding COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety expenses;
- Address the negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, including economic harm to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector;
- Replace lost public sector revenue, using funds to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic;
- Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to individuals who serve in critical infrastructure sectors;
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet.
- To provide assistance to local non-profits who had or are experiencing economic harmresulting from the COVID-19 pandemic;
- To continue to encourage local non-profits to support community programs, activities,services, and events;
- To comply with all Department of the Treasury and related federal regulations regarding eligible expense, accounting procedures, and reporting requirements in accordance with 31 CFR Part 35 and the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recover Funds Guidance on Recipient Compliance and Reporting Responsibilities.
Program Funding & Priorities
- Grant amounts will be based on demonstrated organizational harm caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the organizational response to the pandemic;
- Funding priority will be given to eligible non-profits physically located and/or headquartered within the City; and
- Non-profits located outside of the City, but serving La Habra residents are eligible, but will be considered secondary requests behind eligible local non-profits.
- A total of $ 500,000 of one-time funds are available through this program
- Grants will range between $ 1,000 and $ 25,000 per non-profit, up to a maximum of 25% of the requesting non-profit’s annual combined budget from 2020 to 2022.
- La Habra-based, or non-La Habra based, but serving La Habra residents, tax-exempt, charitable organizations, in good standing;
- Focused all or in part on benefitting the lives of La Habra residents;
- Were in operation prior to the Federal declaration of Emergency due to the COVID Pandemic of March 13, 2020;
- Able to demonstrate the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on their organization.
- The application will provide an area for the non-profit organization to provide an explanation of impact, whether this is an estimated revenue loss, donation decline, service cost increase or other negative impact.
For more information, visit City of La Habra.