The City of Dubuque is now accepting applications for the COVID-19 Non-Profit Support Grant to provide financial support for human service programs in the city of Dubuque that are assisting residents with preventing, preparing for, or responding to the coronavirus pandemic. Not for-profit and faith-based organizations located in the city of Dubuque providing year-round human services programs are eligible to apply.
Donor Name: City of Dubuque
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entities: Not-For-Profit and Faith-Based Organizations
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/07/2021
Size of the Grant: $15,000
This round of COVID-19 Non-Profit Support Grants is funded through Community Development Block Grant coronavirus specific funds allocated to the City of Dubuque by the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
The City of Dubuque, through COVID Non-Profit Support Grants, offers limited support to nonprofit organizations within the City of Dubuque that demonstrate their service towards Dubuque residents in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. This support is intended to assist non-profit organizations with direct services and/or increasing capacity to expand or adapt services to prevent, prepare for, or respond to the coronavirus.
Approximately $97,500 is available to be awarded; the maximum award amount is $15,000 per organization.
- Not-for-profit and faith-based organizations that provide year-round human services programs and whose mission is consistent with furthering the City of Dubuque’s goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Eligible applicants must be located within the City of Dubuque and services must be located within the City of Dubuque. Organizations whose primary mission is political are ineligible. Because this is funded through CARES Act, all activities must be associated with preventing, preparing for, and responding to COVID-19.
The following will not be funded with this grant:
- Expenses that occur prior to award
- Capital improvements
- Retirement of debt
- Inherently religious or political activities
- General fundraising
- Purchase of equipment
- Organizational dues or memberships
- Expenses that violate local, state, or federal laws
For more information, visit COVID-19 Non-Profit Support Grant.