Utilizing funding provided by the City of Corvallis Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, the Human Services Fund will support the delivery of services to low income people in community who have critical needs.
Donor Name: City of Corvallis
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/21/2022
Size of the Grant: $10,000
In alignment with regulations developed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and applied under the guidance of the Corvallis Consolidated Plan, these funds must provide a direct benefit to low, very low and/or extremely low income people.
HUD has also established regulations that stipulate the ways in which CDBG funds may be expended for the types of activities the City anticipates supporting through the Human Services Fund. CDBG funds may be used only for activities that will support:
- A new program, project or service;
- An existing program, project or service or
- The incremental expansion of an existing program, project or service
The three identified needs to be addressed through Human Services Fund investments are:
- Addressing homelessness
- Helping people with special needs
- Helping people with low incomes
Two Consolidated Plan goals will be considered for Human Services Fund investment:
- Support achievement of the goals of the 2017 Community Strategies to Overcome Homelessness and Barriers to Affordable Housing, and
- Support agencies that provide direct services to low income and special needs populations.
Three beneficiary categories are specified within these goals:
- People who are homeless (priorities within this category listed below)
- People with special needs (priorities within this category listed below)
- Elderly/frail elderly
- Persons with mental, physical and/or developmental disabilities
- Persons with alcohol or other addictions
- People who have low incomes (priorities within this category listed below)
- Extremely low income individuals and families (income at or below 30% of median)
- Very low income individuals and families (income at or below 50% of median)
- Low income individuals and families (income at or below 80% of median)
There is a minimum award amount of $10,000 per award.
A public or private non-profit agency or organization may apply for CDBG Human Services Funds.
For more information, visit City of Corvallis.