Donor Name: Greater Columbus Arts Council
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Nonprofit Organizations, Groups, Individuals
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Size of the Grant: $20,000
Project Support: Events, Festivals, Series grants provide assistance for performances, exhibitions, festivals, locally-produced film presentations and community events where the arts are at the core of the project.
Projects must be open to the public, include significant participation of professional artists, and have an implementation plan outlined at time of submission.
The maximum award in this grant category is $20,000. Actual amount received will be based on the project budget and the committee score. No projects will be fully funded and applicants should expect to receive a partial award. Only very large budget projects are eligible for $20,000; most projects in the past have received $3,000-$10,000.
Applicants must fall under one of the two following categories to apply for Project Support: Events, Festivals, Series.
- Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations whose primary mission is arts and culture.
- Note: Operating Support and General Support grantees are NOT eligible to apply.
- The following applicants are eligible to apply in collaboration with a qualified, local Fiscal Sponsor.
- Groups without 501(c)(3) status
- Individual artists
In addition, projects proposed in the application must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- At least 75% of proposed activities take place within the city of Columbus;
- Demonstrate compensation to professional artists involved in the project; and
- Be open and promoted to the general public (free or ticketed).
Types of Projects or Events
- Fundraising events
- Temporary or permanent public art
- Educational programs (including workshops) or youth programs
- Arts therapy programs or projects that primarily use the arts as a tool to raise awareness
- Projects that do not demonstrate a significant benefit to the broad public
- Projects that primarily feature, support or fund one individual artist
For more information, visit Project Support.