The Greater Rochester Health Foundation has announced a Call for Ideas to advance their efforts in innovative, partnered work that reimagines systems, programs, and services to disrupt inequities and rebuild stronger, healthier communities.
Donor Name: Greater Rochester Health Foundation
State: New York
Counties: Genesee County (NY), Livingston County (NY), Monroe County (NY), Ontario County (NY), Orleans County (NY), Seneca County (NY), Wayne County (NY), and Yates County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/03/2021
Grant Duration: 5 years
A central focus of Call for Ideas is to respond to community needs and inequities central to or worsened by the twin pandemics and support the path to rebuilding and reimagining systems in more equitable ways.
The Health Foundation looks to partner with non-profits of all sizes and types to address identified community health equity needs or opportunities to improve health equity. They seek to address inequities affecting communities of color/indigenous communities, children and adults impacted by poverty, persons with intellectual/ developmental/physical differences, LGBTQIA+ persons, rural residents, refugees/New Americans, and older adults.
Focus & Goals
- Respond to community needs and inequities central to or worsened by the twin pandemics and support the path to rebuilding and reimagining systems in more equitable ways.
- Elevate and address intersectionality, meaning the ways that oppression and marginalization associated with multiple identities combine and compound. Supporting those who experience inequity in its most harmful form to ensure access and opportunity for all is key.
- Support communities to address their self-identified priority health needs and implement co-created solutions that address health-inequities through changes in systems, practices, and services.
- Ensure client/consumer/resident voices are part of the identification of the need or opportunity, potential solution or approach, project design and decision-making process (meeting a need vs. a program in search of clients).
- Support innovative ideas and projects that are intentional about learning from the work and share what they and their partners are learning to inform the field and community.
Who May Apply?
- They are committed to partnering with non-profit organizations/entities of all sizes and types including health/human service or government agencies, faith communities, educational institutions, and civic organizations. (These are examples and not an exhaustive list).
- Applicants must be a non-profit located (or providing service) in one of the nine counties within our area of service: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates.
- Current and past grantees are eligible to apply; however, the Foundation is committed to an equitable disbursement of investment dollars. If the Foundation have recently funded your organization, it is unlikely that they will be able to fund you during this opportunity.
For more information, visit Call for Ideas.