Ausherman Family Foundation is accepting applications for its General Grants Program.
Donor Name: Ausherman Family Foundation
County: Frederick County (MD)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Size of the Grant: $2,500
Grant Duration: 12 Months
General Grants are awarded to fund costs for a variety of grantee activities. They can help with operating costs of an organization, and/or developing, implementing, and/or maintaining a project or program.
- Minimum amount considered for grant requests is $2,500.
- Applicants are eligible to receive one General Grant per 12-month period.
Qualifying for a General Grant
- Request must fall into one of the Foundation’s areas of interest.
- The organization must provide services to Frederick County, MD residents. Only the costs of the programs or projects associated with the services provided to Frederick County residents will be considered for funding.
- Requested dollar amounts must be realistic and supported by documentation. A clear description of the need for funding must be provided.
- Operating costs include the fixed and variable expenses of the organization.
- Program costs include expenses associated with the providing the services related to the organization’s mission.
- Project costs include expenses associated with a specific activity that moves the organization’s mission forward.
General Grants with a Challenge Match Component
The goal of the matching funds component is to encourage others to give, including inspiring board members to support the organization and to leverage new donors and contributions in the community. Grantees have a defined time frame in which to raise matching funds as well as restrictions on eligible donations. In-kind and government funding cannot count toward matching funds.
- Funds must be raised within the grant-award period.
- Matching funds’ parameters are requested by the applicant and reviewed and approved by Trustees.
- The Grantee may request disbursement of the matching funds by:
- Providing a statement signed by an executive on staff and a board officer that the donations are accurate and in line with the terms in the Grant Covenant
- OR use the previous method of proving matching donations by providing a list of donors, the dates of the donations, and the amount of the donation given toward the matching grant, plus any materials that support the donations, such as check copies, charges, and online donations. The list of donations and the supporting materials must be submitted in the same order.
- Foundation funds are distributed after the matching funds are raised and documentation is provided to the Foundation.
For more information, visit General Grants.