The Outdoor Learning Network Initiative (OLNI) is a capacity building opportunity designed to advance environmental literacy by establishing local networks of school districts and organizations who are committed to partnering and working collectively to embed environmental education into the school system longterm. An essential component of OLNI is the Network Leadership Course (Course).
Donor Name: Chesapeake Bay Trust
States: Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Washington D.C.
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $10,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
The Course engages environmental education providers, through a year-long community, to increase their ability to develop deep and mutually beneficial partnerships with school district leaders and other local organizations that lead to creating systemic, equitable, and sustainable environmental literacy programs.
OLNI is supported by the Trust, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and Chesapeake Bay Foundation (the ONLI Support Team) working closely with the Chesapeake Bay Program Education Workgroup.
Through the Course, participants will expand their knowledge and understanding of:
- Models of collaboration that advance systemic, equitable, and sustainable environmental literacy programs,
- How a network approach can help organizations evolve from a provider to a thought partner with school systems,
- How environmental literacy programming can be integrated into curriculum in school districts, and
- Strategies to achieve financial and programmatic sustainability through new models of collaboration with school districts
Through this RFP, participant organizations can request up to $10,000 for staff time and travel expenses related to participation in the Course.
The funding timeline is anticipated to be from July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2024.
- The Trust and OLNI Support Team seek applications from non-profit organizations providing environmental education to local school districts in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- Organizations in Maryland or the Chesapeake Bay watershed portions of D.C., Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Virginia.
- For-profit organizations are not eligible for funding through this program.
For more information, visit OLNI.