Donor Name: Northwest Minnesota Foundation
Counties: Beltrami County (MN), Clearwater County (MN), Hubbard County (MN), Kittson County (MN), Lake of the Woods County (MN), Mahnomen County (MN), Marshall County (MN), Norman County (MN), Pennington County (MN), Polk County (MN), Red Lake County (MN), Roseau County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/31/2021
Size of the Grant: $5,000
The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund develops resources and serves as a catalyst for improving the quality of life for women and girls. They envision a region where women and girls reach their full potential, and working toward that end through grants, scholarships, education, and recognition programs.
The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund is a tax exempt charitable component fund of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation, committed to improving the quality of life for women and girls in Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, and Roseau counties.
The Women’s Fund will consider grant applications for up to $5,000.
Grant funds can be used for speakers, educational materials, program delivery expenses, research projects, and for professional development. Grant funds are not available for scholarships (higher education), general operations, capital purchases, nor for business start-up or operations.
To qualify for consideration, applications must support the mission and vision of the Women’s Fund. Priority will be given to applications that support the Women’s Fund goals:
- Supporting entrepreneurial opportunities for women
- Supporting programs that lead to a safer environment for women and girls
- Building networks of women in leadership positions throughout the region
- Encouraging and equipping women and girls to achieve their full potential
Criteria for Selection
- Relationship of the project to Women’s fund mission and goals
- Evidence of grassroots support involving women
- Identified purpose and need for project
- Clear goals and action steps for completing the project
- Description of working relationship(s) with other partner(s) and/or funding sources
- Potential long-term impact of the project
- Evidence of an evaluation plan (i.e. participant evaluations or surveys)
A complete application includes the following:
- Application cover sheet
- Project narrative (up to 2 pages) which addresses the selection criteria (above)
- Budget form
- Support letter from someone familiar with the project other than the applicant
- Information about your organization and/or project (flyers, brochures, etc)
- If organization does not have 501c3 status, must secure and state fiscal host.
For more information, visit Women’s Fund.