The Brooklyn Arts Council is seeking applications for its Brooklyn Arts Fund to empower Brooklyn’s artists, arts organizations, and audiences by supporting performances; exhibitions; pop-up galleries; workshops; reading series; festivals; public art; and more.
Donor Name: Brooklyn Arts Council
State: New York
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,000 – $5,000
Funded by the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, this money is for arts and cultural projects that contribute to creative experiences for audiences in Brooklyn. The best proposals share how the project will impact the cultural life of their audience and community.
Program areas of funding include:
Grant Range: $2,000 – $5,000
- Brooklyn residents with proof of residence
- Nonprofit organizations or unincorporated groups
- Must designate one person to serve as primary contact if applying as a group or organization.
- Fiscal sponsorship is not necessary and won’t affect the panel decision
- If you are fiscally sponsored, sponsors must have IRS 501c3 status and be incorporated within the five boroughs of NYC
- If your fiscal sponsor gets funding from DCLA, your sponsor should NOT be a collaborator on your project
Who Can’t Apply?
- Organizations with operating budgets over $100,000 for two of the last three fiscal years (FY20-22)
- These organizations should apply directly to the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs
- Organizations that have applied for funding from the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs for FY23
- Organizations that have received City Council Member Discretionary Funding, contracted through the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs for FY23.
For more information, visit Brooklyn Arts Council.