The Kresge Foundation and Michigan Community Resources have invited Co.act Detroit to administer the grant program.
Donor Name: Kresge Foundation
Cities: Detroit, Hamtramck, Highland Park
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/14/2022
The goal of KIP:D+ is to fund transformative neighborhood projects that support the vision, creativity and priorities of Detroit, Hamtramck and Highland Park residents.
KIP:D+ funds projects in Detroit, Hamtramck and Highland Park neighborhoods that support the vision and creativity of residents. We support inclusive, collaborative processes that authentically engage community members in planning, design and implementation.
- Detroit-, Hamtramck- or Highland Park-based organizations serving residents and neighborhoods of those cities,
- Projects that will strengthen neighborhoods and improve the quality of residents’ lives,
- Projects that advance neighborhood priorities and reflect the culture, history and demographics of residents served, and
- Visions shaped by community members through inclusive, collaborative processes.
In addition to funding for Pre-Planning, Planning, Planning + Implementation, or Implementation projects, KIP:D+ grantees also get:
- 1-on-1 technical assistance and support from Michigan Community Resources
- The opportunity to be a part of a unique group of KIP:D+ grantees who learn from and share with one another.
- Nonprofit organizations with locations in Detroit, Hamtramck or Highland Park that serve residents of those cities.
- Nonprofit organizations that align with KIP:D+ principles.
For more information, visit Co.act Detroit.