The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM) Water Quality Division is requesting proposals from businesses, organizations, or individuals to work with farms to support the improvement of water quality across the state of Vermont through education and outreach, technical assistance, organizational capacity development, and conservation practice surveys.
Donor Name: Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM)
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022
Size of the Grant: $3,000,000
Grant Duration: 4 years
The Agency is calling for proposals that address the following priority outcomes to improve water quality in Vermont:
- Regulatory Compliance and Agricultural Non-Point Source Pollution Reduction
- Economic and Environmental Viability on Vermont Farms
State funding available for the requested activities is $3,000,000. The State may sign multiple grant awards for up to 4- year grant periods.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a single proposal per organization except in situations where discrete and separate programs exist within one organization. Eligible applicants include:
- Farmers, farmers’ partners, agricultural engineering and/or consulting firms, agricultural organizations and trade associations Local government entities including municipal boards, commissions, or committees, Public or private schools or other educational institutions
- Organizations with nonprofit status, or citizen groups such as watershed or lake associations working in coordination with such an organization, that apply on their behalf and will manage the grant funds
- State and Federal government agencies may collaborate with one of the above groups, but are not eligible to be the primary applicant under this grant program
- While matching funds are highly encouraged, they are not required for program eligibility
- Applicants must be in compliance with all state regulations (i.e. water quality, taxes, child support) and in good standing with the State of Vermont at the time of submitting an application and must remain so during the entire grant period
For more information, visit Agricultural Clean Water Initiative Program.