The Adams County Community Foundation seeks applications from young people ages 14-24, to the Shirley Smith Youth Service Fund.
Donor Name: Adams County Community Foundation
County: Adams County (PA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/31/2021
The Objective of the fund is to help young people cover up to 75% of the cost to do service projects or mission work.
- Young people in the greater Adams County region, ages 14-24, participating in local, national or international service projects overseen by churches, schools or nonprofits.
- Projects may be associated with a wide variety of organizations including Youth Groups, Scouting, 4-H, High School or Colleges. These projects may be done in hospitals, nursing homes, veterinarian facilities, homeless shelters, or any community space. Service projects should help people, animals or an entire community. They could provide disaster relief and include church mission teams and humanitarian outreach. Grants may also be awarded for training seminars or conferences for youth to be equipped to serve.
Eligible youth must submit a completed application to the Community Foundation to include:
- The sponsoring nonprofit or organization
- A project description
- Applicant’s motivation for participating in or creating the project.
- The applicant’s total project cost, or participation fee, and plans to raise the amount for which the applicant is responsible.
For more information, visit Shirley Smith Youth Service Fund.