Action Grants offer up to $5,000 to implement humanities projects that encourage public audiences to reflect on their values, explore new ideas, and engage with others in their community.
Donor Name: Humanities New York
State: New York
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
All subjects and themes relevant to the communities served are welcome. These grants aim to:
- Connect audiences more deeply to the communities where they live and work.
- Solidify community partnerships and diversify audiences.
- Creatively employ the tools of the humanities to respond to issues and ideas capturing the imagination and passion of New Yorkers today.
These grants aim to actively engage audiences through creative programming formats, including workshops, roundtables, panel discussions, humanities-infused performances, exhibits, podcasts, and interactive digital platform.
HNY prioritizes support to projects that reach audiences with fewer opportunities to attend educational and cultural programming. Because they are a statewide organization, within each grant round we strive to make awards in as many regions of the state as possible. All subjects and themes relevant to the communities served are welcome. Other priorities include supporting small organizations (with operating budgets of less than $250,000) and rural organizations.
Action Grants offer up to $5,000.
- Any tax-exempt organization that is based in and serves New York State may apply.
- HNY does not fund individuals.
- Each organization is eligible to receive one Vision Grant and one Action Grant OR one Vision Grant and one Quick Grant per year.
- Applicants with an open Action Grant project, including those whose grant periods were extended due to Covid-19 disruptions, must complete the project and submit the final report before applying for a new Action Grant.
For more information, visit Action Grants.