The Youth Philanthropy Council of the Hutchinson Community Foundation announces the availability of grant funds to support projects benefiting Reno County youth.
Donor Name: Hutchinson Community Foundation
County: Reno County (KS)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/14/2022
Size of the Grant: $1,000
Grant Duration: 8 months
The Youth Philanthropy Council (YPC) is a youth-led grantmaking program designed to involve Reno County students in philanthropy. YPC members from high schools across the county are recruited to:
- Identify and prioritize needs for youth in our community
- Establish criteria for the selection of youth-focused grant proposals
- Review grant proposals
- Make final decisions on which proposals to fund
Grant requests up to $1,000 will be considered.
Groups and organizations offering programs in Reno County beneficial to youth may apply. Grant-funded activities are to be completed between March 6 and Oct. 31, 2022; a brief final report is required.
The Youth Philanthropy Council will offer grants for projects which (one or more):
- Are created and/or directed by youth with appropriate organizational supervision.
- Promote the healthy development of children and youth.
- Introduce children and youth to the fine arts or support their participation in the arts.
- Provide opportunities for youth to give back to the community through meaningful service.
- Build positive relationships between youth and adults.
- Have a realistic budget and solid plans.
Programs involving youth in the development and implementation of the project will be given priority consideration.
A requesting organization must submit the following items:
- One copy of the grant application cover sheet (including required signatures)
- Responses to the following questions (limit responses to 2 pages total)
- State the mission of your organization.
- Describe the project you are asking the Youth Philanthropy Council to fund.
- How will local youth be involved in the development and implementation of the project?
- How will this project benefit youth in Reno County?
- What are the plans for sustaining this project in the future?
- An itemized project budget. A narrative description of the budget may be included for clarification.
- Statement of support for project from a youth.
For more information, visit Youth Philanthropy Council Grant.