The Harris-Galveston Subsidence District (“District”) is seeking applications from Qualified Applicants for grant funds to implement projects that help reduce water use.
Donor Name: Harris-Galveston Subsidence District
Counties: Harris County or Galveston County
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entities: Water Utility, Public Agency, Non-profit, Research University or Private Entity
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/20/2021
Size of the Grant: $450,000
The District is looking for projects that can achieve quantifiable water conservation, especially those projects and programs that correlate to implementing irrigation best management practices, water loss control measures, and water efficiency measures.
Funds can be requested for demonstration projects to evaluate innovative and effective water conservation equipment/techniques, conduct water conservation research, and implement water conservation measures.
Grants may be awarded to reimburse Qualified Applicants up to fifty percent (50%) of the cost of an approved project. The size and number of projects to be funded will be determined based on the number of applications and available funding. The grant funding will be authorized by the Board in the Fiscal Year 2022 Budget, with up to $450,000 available in 2022.
In order to qualify for the Grant Program, Qualified Applicants (Applicants) must be one of the following:
- A water utility in good standing with the District. A water utility, including a water supply corporation, general law or home-rule city, a special utility district, a municipal utility district or any other entity included in the definition of a retail public utility in Section 13.002, Texas Water Code, whose defined service area, or a majority portion thereof, lies within the boundaries of the District;
- A private entity (industrial, commercial/institutional, residential, agricultural or other) whose property, or a majority portion thereof, is within the District;
- A 501(c) non-profit organization with an environmental purpose located within Harris County or Galveston County;
- A public entity (school district, management district, improvement district or similar entity) whose property, or a majority portion thereof is within the District; or
- A research University located within the State of Texas.
For more information, visit Harris-Galveston Subsidence District.