The Fund for Women and Girls is seeking applications for its 2022 Core Grants Program to lead and unite the community through philanthropy and advocacy to ensure that women and girls have resources and opportunities to thrive.
Donor Name: The Fund for Women and Girls
County: Chester County (PA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/18/2022
Grant Duration: 24 Months
The Fund is looking to award grants to organizations or partnerships that demonstrate the ability to advance The Fund’s mission.
The objective of The Fund’s grantmaking activities is to create positive impact in the four community-identified priority areas for women and girls. As a result, The Fund will support organizations that address the following priorities:
- Meet the core needs of women and girls
- Improve access to economic opportunities for women and girls
- Promote health and wellness by addressing needs specifically related to the health of women and girls
- Invest in systems and sustainable change efforts to challenge gender inequality
Examples of services provided by their grantees include, but are not limited to:
- Vocational training and workforce preparation
- STEM programming for girls
- Case management for teenage mothers
- Improved access to women’s health service
- Domestic violence services
- Housing and homelessness prevention
- Campaign to raise awareness about gender disparity in number of locally elected officials
- Youth development programming focused on girls leadership and/or empowerment
Through investment in these areas, The Fund hopes to play an active role in providing equality and security for women and girls, making the communities stronger and more vibrant for everyone.
The Fund will give preference to applicants that:
- Advance The Fund’s message and focus on women and girls
- Have a track record of collaboration and partnerships with other organizations
- Have limited access to large grants and do not have the resources of larger non-profits
The funding grant period is a 24-month period where funding for Year Two is dispersed after The Fund determines that the grantee continues to satisfy the grant requirements and funds remain available.
The following types of organizations are eligible to apply for The Fund grants:
- Non-profit organizations that demonstrate tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service Code 501(c)(3)
- Groups or organizations that submit an application through a fiscal sponsor, i.e., a tax-exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)(3) that agrees to accept funds on its behalf.
Additionally, though an organization does not need to be located within the county, all applicants must demonstrate a commitment to women and girls in Chester County. Any organization applying for a general operating or capacity building grant must demonstrate that women, girls, or mothers and their children in Chester County make up at least 75% of the organization’s total target population. Organizations applying for program or project support must demonstrate one of the following:
- 100% of the recipient of services supported by a Fund grant are women, girls, or mothers and their children in Chester County; or
- the proposed work will produce impacts that increase resources and opportunities for women and girls in Chester County.
The Fund does not provide grants for:
- Capital expenditures, equipment, endowments, special events
- Advertising, publishing or promotional materials
- Conferences or one-time educational workshops
- Government agencies or individuals
- Political campaigns or lobbying organizations
- Projects with an objective to restrict or limit a woman’s right to make her own reproductive choices
- Religious programs (however programs run by religious organizations may qualify)
For more information, visit Core Grants Program.