The William G. and Marie Selby Foundation is currently accepting applications for its 2022 Standard Grant.
Donor Name: William G. and Marie Selby Foundation
Counties: Charlotte County (FL), DeSoto County (FL), Manatee County (FL), Sarasota County (FL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Size of the Grant: $50,000
The Selby Foundation specializes in supporting local area non-profits with capital grants. Capital grants support the construction, acquisition and/or renovation of facilities, as well as the purchase of equipment or software. They may also include the costs of related technical services (legal, architectural, engineering, etc). Non-profit organizations are required to be primary located in the Charlotte, DeSoto, Manatee or Sarasota Counties.
Requests cannot be for:
- Various operating/program expenses
- Projects that have already been completed
- Expenses already incurred
- Deficit financing/debt reduction
- Conferences, seminars or workshops
- Surveys, advertising, or marketing materials
- The minimum amount that can be requested is $10,000. If your organization does not have an audit, the maximum amount requested cannot exceed $40,000.
- The average grant awarded is $50,000.
Who Can Apply for a Grant?
Applicants are restricted to 501(c) 3 non-profit entities (or equivalent) that are located within Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte or DeSoto counties. On rare occasions, exceptions are made for groups outside of these counties who can demonstrate that a majority of their clients (>50%) come from within the 4-county service area.
Ineligible applicants include:
- Chambers of Commerce
- Public or Private K-12 Schools (including charter schools and booster organizations)
- Churches and their ministries
- Fire or police departments (including volunteer organizations)
For more information, visit Standard Grant.