Donor Name: Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham (CFGB)
Type of the Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $3,000 and $7,000
Priority will be given to proposals that specifically address the needs of LGBTQ communities that have been most demonstrably underserved, including but not limited to, communities of color, youth, seniors, transgender individuals, gender non-binary persons, and persons in rural communities. Priority will also be given to intersectional programs addressing inclusive healthcare and mental health services, immigrant advocacy, racial and economic justice, faith, and acceptance.
The LGBTQ Fund seeks to support organizations focused on:
- Addressing the unmet needs of LGBTQ persons;
- Strengthening the infrastructure of LGBTQ led organizations or organizations serving LGBTQ persons;
- Supporting the provision of services to the youth, individuals & families who identify as LGBTQ;
- Providing educational opportunities that highlight the needs of LGBTQ individuals and families
- Advancing networking and fostering collaboration between LGBTQ related organizations and other community organizations; and
- Supporting nonprofit partners working on public policy and the intersection of LGBTQ concerns and other social justice issues.
The LGBTQ Fund will award a total of $67,000 in the 2022 Grant Cycle. Typical grant amounts are between $3,000 and $7,000.
Grants will be awarded to non-profit organizations in Central Alabama (Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, and Walker counties) that serve the LGBTQ community and their allies, or seek to expand existing programs to be inclusive and affirming of persons who identify as LGBTQ.
For more information, visit LGBTQ Fund 2022 Grant Cycle.