The Community Foundation for Howard County is seeking Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for the 2022 Strategic Grants and General Grants Program.
Donor Name: Community Foundation for Howard County
County: Howard County (IN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/04/2022
They are seeking applications that make significant progress in one of these aspirations prioritized by you and their neighbors:
- Mentally Healthy, Safe and Drug-Free:
- This includes support of criminal justice initiatives, affordable housing, shelters, mental health and substance abuse services (bilingual services for care), removing barriers (includes transportation) to access services, family strengthening initiatives, safe housing, job training and education for those struggling with behavioral health and substance abuse issues.
- Progressive, Growing, Vibrant and Economically Healthy:
- This includes community development, workforce diversity and skills, workforce development, education, building an innovative and diverse business environment, affordable housing, transportation and quality of place initiatives.
- Inclusive, Supportive, Connected, Engaging and Culturally Diverse:
- This includes initiatives that encourage inclusiveness, cultural diversity, connectiveness, and bilingual services, collaborative activities, socioeconomic interaction initiatives, diversity in community outreach, human rights programs and accessibility for all to resources.
Also part of the regular grant cycles, general grants are a continuation of their traditional, responsive grantmaking program which supports a variety of programs and services in the counties. It also includes grants for nonprofit capacity building.
- Health & Medical
- to include the support of health and medical-related programs;
- Social Services
- to include the support of human service organizations, programs for children and youth and services to the aged;
- to include support for programs in pre-school, elementary and secondary education, post-secondary education, scholarships and for special education programs;
- Cultural Affairs
- to include the support of programs and facilities which are designed to establish a diversified county cultural program that offers widespread participation and appreciation;
- Civic Affairs
- to include support of programs related to criminal justice, community development, employment, citizen involvement, leadership training, and other general community activities;
- Community Beautification
- to include the support of projects that advocate, stimulate and support community vitality, beautification/environmental preservation and adornment.
The foundation makes grants to tax-exempt agencies classified as 501(c)(3) organizations, which are public charities as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. The Community Foundation will consider only grant requests that benefit residents of Howard County. Not-for-profit organizations without a 501(c)(3) classification may seek funding with the support of a fiscal agent.
For more information, visit 2022 Strategic Grants and General Grants.