United Way of Carlton County is accepting applications for its Pine County Community Investment Grant Program 2022/2023.
Donor Name: United Way of Carlton County
County: Pine County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/11/2022
Non-profit agencies operating in Pine County are invited to apply for funding for programs that address the mission of the United Way.
The United Way fights for the health, education, basic needs, and financial stability of every person in every community. Funding will be distributed quarterly beginning July 1, 2022.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
To apply for funding, all three (4) requirements must be met:
- Agency mission is consistent with UWCC funding priorities of health, education, financial stability, and basic needs.
- Agency is located within the geographic boundaries of Pine County, or services provided by agency are specific to the geographic boundaries of Pine County.
- Agency is exempt from tax under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or a unit of government organization, benefitting the human services needs of the community.
Note: Agency must have a Diversity Statement that has been approved by a Board of Directors.
Agencies seeking new or continued funding through the United Way of Carlton County must comply with or agree to the following conditions:
- Be incorporated, not for profit, and IRS exempt: Agencies receiving United Way allocarions must not be for profit organizations that have been declared tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Service and have a 501 (c) (3) status. In addition, each agency must submit a signed “Affidavit of Compliance” with the charitable regulations of the State of Minnestoa. Government agencies may receive funding provided that distributions be for “exclusively public purposes” within the meaning of Section 170 (c)1 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
- Provide a community service based on documented need: The agency’s request should be based upon an identifiable current need, demand, or problem in the community. Services should be targeted toward an identifiable population and/or geographic locale within the service area of United Way of Carlton County.
- Be Non-Discriminatory: Discrimination by race, creed, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, or religion is prohibited. Each organization receiving United Way dollars must have an up to date non-discrimination policy.
- Have an active, rotaing volunteer board of directors that represents diverse elements of Pine County.
All applications must include the follwing documents:
- Most recent financial statement from most recently completed year
- Organization budget for current year
- Porgram budget (if different) for current year
- List of board members adn affiliations
- Copy of your current IRS determination letter indicating tax-exept 501(c)(3) status
For more information, visit Pine County Funding.