United Way of Carlton County has announced a 2022/2023 Funding Cycle for Non-profit agencies operating in Carlton County.
Donor Name: United Way of Carlton County
County: Carlton County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/11/2022
The United Way fights for the health, education, basic needs, and financial stability of every person in every community.
Funding will be distributed quarterly beginning July 1, 2022.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
To apply for funding, all three (4) requirements must be met:
- Agency mission is consistent with UWCC funding priorities of health, education, financial stability, and basic needs.
- Agency is located within the geographic boundaries of Carlton County, or services provided by agency are specific to the geographic boundaries of Carlton County.
- Agency is exempt from tax under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or a unit of government organization, needs benefitting the human services needs of the community.
Note: Agency must have a Diversity Statement that has been approved by a Board of Directors.
Agencies seeking new or continued funding through the United Way of Carlton County must comply with or agree to the following conditions:
- Be incorporated, not for profit, and IRS exempt: Agencies receiving United Way allocarions must not be for profit organizations that have been declared tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Service and have a 501 (c) (3) status. In addition, each agency must submit a signed “Affidavit of Compliance” with the charitable regulations of the State of Minnestoa. Government agencies may receive funding provided that distributions be for “exclusively public purposes” within the meaning of Section 170 (c)1 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
- Provide a community service based on documented need: The agency’s request should be based upon an identifiable current need, demand, or problem in the community. Services should be targeted toward an identifiable population and/or geographic locale within the service area of United Way of Carlton County.
- Be Non-Discriminatory: Discrimination by race, creed, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, or religion is prohibited. Each organization receiving United Way dollars must have an up to date non-discrimination policy.
- Have an active, rotaing volunteer board of directors that represents diverse elements of Carlton County.
- Have sound financial and program managment: The organization must provide a copy of its annual audit (if applicable per Minn. Stat. 309.53, sub. 3) using an idependent certified public accountant that verifies that the agency has managed their programs and services in accordance with the American institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) guide.
Are you a first-time applicant, or has your organization experienced significant changes in the past year? If so, please include the following documents in your application:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Copy of current By-Laws
- Statement of tax exemption forms from state and federal governments
All applications must include the follwing documents:
- Most recent audited Financial Statement, including opinion and management letters. If a charitable organization received total revenue in excess of $750,000 for its most recet fiscal year, it must file an audited financial statement prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP audit”).
- If total revenue is less than $750,000, then:
- An Independent Accountant’s Review Report, or
- A current Internal Financial Review signed by Board of Directors chairperson. A financial review represents an internal process performed by two or more members of the organization’s financial review committee or their designees.
For more information, visit Carlton County Funding.