The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Head Start will solicit applications from public or private non-profit organizations, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or for-profit organizations that wish to compete for funds to provide Head Start and/or Early Head Start services to eligible children and families.
Donor Name: Administration for Children and Families
Counties: Calhoun County (TX), DeWitt County (TX), Gonzales County (TX), Lavaca County (TX), Jackson County (TX), and Victoria County (TX)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/02/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,200,163
Grant Duration: 60 months
The goal of this NOFO is to ensure the distribution of resources to meet the demonstrated community needs of children from birth to compulsory school age, ensuring continuity of services and taking into account the availability of high-quality and comprehensive early childhood education opportunities (which may include public pre-kindergarten programs for 4- year-olds).
ACF intends to fund applications that demonstrate an organization’s commitment and capacity to operate a Head Start and/or Early Head Start (EHS) program that raises the quality of early care and education in the community and helps children start school ready to succeed. School readiness requires that children are cognitively, physically, socially, and emotionally prepared to continue to make progress as they enter kindergarten. ACF is seeking applicants that are able to use the best evidence-based early education practices in their programs to support high-caliber classroom instruction, home visiting services, and effective family engagement and health promotion.
- Award Ceiling: $5,200,163 Per Budget Period
- Award Floor: $1,000,000 Per Budget Period
- Length of Project Periods: 60-month project period with five 12-month budget periods.
- Entities applying for Head Start only – OR – both Head Start and EHS:
- Eligible applicants are limited to local public or private non-profit agencies, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or local for-profit agencies, pursuant to section 641(a)(1) of the Head Start Act, 42 U.S.C. 9836(a)(1) that can provide Head Start services to children and families residing in the service area(s) listed in the Appendix of this NOFO. Applicants must demonstrate they meet the statutory requirement for designation as a Head Start and/or EHS agency as defined in the Head Start Act.
- Entities applying for Early Head Start only:
- Eligible applicants are any public or private non-profit agencies, including community-based and faith-based organizations, or for-profit agencies pursuant to section 645A(d) of the Head Start Act, 42 U.S.C. 9840A(d).
- Eligibility is limited to public or private non-profit organizations, including faith-based organizations or for-profit organizations, that can provide EHS services to children and families residing in the service area(s) listed in the Appendix of this NOFO.
- Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity. Faith-based organizations may apply for this award on the same basis as any other organization, as set forth at and, subject to the protections and requirements of 45 CFR Part 87 and 42 U.S.C. § 2000bb et seq., ACF will not, in the selection of recipients, discriminate against an organization on the basis of the organization’s religious character, affiliation, or exercise.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.