The Rural Utilities Service (RUS or the Agency), a Rural Development (RD) agency of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), announces funding availability under the High Energy Cost Grant (HECG) Program for 2023.
Donor Name: Rural Utilities Service
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $3,000,000
Grant Duration: 3 years
The purpose of this program is to provide financial assistance for a broad range of energy facilities, equipment, and related activities to offset the impact of extremely high home energy costs on eligible communities. The grants help communities provide basic energy needs by financing energy infrastructure supporting rural prosperity and job creation.
- Available Funds: $10,000,000. RUS may at its discretion, increase the total level of funding available in this funding round (or in any category in this funding round) from any available source, including future appropriations, provided the awards meet the requirements of the statue which made the funding available to the Agency.
- Award Amounts: The maximum amount of grant assistance that will be considered for funding per grant application under this notice is $3,000,000. The minimum amount of grant assistance that will be considered for funding per grant application under this notice is $100,000.
- Performance Period: Three-years from the date of the Grant Agreement.
- Private institutions of higher education
- Independent school districts
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- State governments
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- County governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Small businesses
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- For profit organizations other than small businesses.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.