The Landscape Scale Restoration (LSR) program is designed to “encourage collaborative, science-based restoration of priority forest landscapes” that not only focuses on priority landscapes but may include issues identified in the respective States’ Forest Action Plans.
Donor Name: Forest Service
State: Selected States
County: All Counties
Territory: Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $600,000
Grant Duration: 5 years
For this Southern Region / International Institute of Tropical Forestry (IITF) RFP: projects must take place in one or more of the following states or territories: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virgin Islands of the United States, and Virginia.
According to the 2018 Farm Bill, “the landscape scale restoration program is to support landscape scale restoration and management that results in measurable improvements to public benefits derived from State and private forest lands” as identified in a State-wide assessment or equivalent restoration strategy.
- Award Ceiling: $600,000
- Award Floor: $30,000
- Projects can indicate a multi-year implementation timeframe, up to five (5) years with full funding committed at the time of award.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Special district governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- County governments
- City or township governments
- State governments
For more information, visit Grants.gov.