Donor Name: Department of Homeland Security – FEMA
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $100,000,000
Grant Duration: 36 months
These grant programs are part of a comprehensive set of measures authorized by Congress and implemented by the Administration to help strengthen the nation’s critical infrastructure against risks associated with potential terrorist attacks. The PSGP provides funds to state, local, and private sector maritime partners to support increased port-wide risk management and protect critical surface transportation infrastructure from acts of terrorism, major disasters, and other emergencies.
For FY 2023, DHS is focused on the criticality of information sharing and collaboration to building a national culture of preparedness and protecting against terrorism and other threats to the national security.
Provide funding to port authorities, facility operators, and state, local, and territorial agencies for activities associated with implementing Area Maritime Security Plans (AMSP), facility security plans, and other port-wide risk management efforts.
Given the evolving threat landscape, it is incumbent upon DHS/FEMA to continuously evaluate the national risk profile and set priorities that help ensure appropriate allocation of scarce security dollars. In assessing the national risk profile for FY 2023, two areas warrant the most concern:
- Enhancing cyber security;
- Enhancing the protection of soft targets/crowded places.
Likewise, there are several enduring security needs that crosscut the homeland security enterprise. The following are second-tier priorities that help recipients implement a comprehensive approach to securing critical maritime transportation infrastructure:
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $100,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $100,000,000
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Small businesses
- Special district governments
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- City or township governments
- State governments
- County governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Additional Information on Eligibility
Fire Departments, Ports, State and Local Law Enforcement Agency, Transportation Agencies.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.