The California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) offers the Legacy Disposal Site Abatement Partial Grant Program.
Donor Name: California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Size of the Grant: $750,000
Public entities bear a financial responsibility for maintaining public landfill sites in compliance with state regulations and standards. The program provides financial assistance in the form of reimbursement grants up to $750,000 in matching funds for eligible costs to assist public entities requiring financial assistance, and committed to accelerating the pace of cleanup, restoring sites, and protecting public health and safety and the environment.
- $1,500,000 available for fiscal year 2021–22
- $750,000 per grant award
The Grant Term begins on the date of the Notice to Proceed. Grant-eligible program expenditures may start no earlier than the date indicated in the Notice to Proceed. The Grant Term ends on June 30, 2024, and all eligible program costs must be incurred by this date.
- California Labor Code section 1782 will prohibit charter cities from receiving state funds or financial assistance for construction projects if those cities do not comply with sections 1770-1782 of the Labor Code. If any applicants or participating jurisdictions are charter cities or joint powers authorities that include charter cities, the lead participating jurisdiction must certify that Labor Code section 1782 does not prohibit any included charter city from receiving state funds for the project described in this application, more information can be found on CalRecycle’s California Labor Code section 1782.
- Eligible applicants include public entities, including counties, cities, districts, and state agencies.
- Applicants must provide adequate documentation of financial need for assistance and show evidence of ability to pay for their matching share of costs and costs that are ineligible and/or that exceed the maximum grant amount.
- Eligible projects include the remediation of disposal sites closed in accordance with the local laws at the time of the closure and prior to implementation of the State’s current permitting and/or closure requirements for landfills and disposal sites.
For more information, visit CalRecycle.