The City and County of Denver’s Office of Economic Development (DEDO), on behalf of the Denver Workforce Development Board (Denver WDB) is seeking to contract with Youth Service Provider(s) that employ vision, innovation, accountability, and efficient and effective utilization of resources in workforce development programming.
Donor Name: City and County of Denver’s Office of Economic Development (DEDO)
Type of Grant: Service
Type of Entities: Governmental, Educational Institutions or Not-for-profit Organizations or Agencies
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/13/2021
The DEDO/Denver WDB, is seeking proposals from experienced organizations interested in providing a transformative, state-of-the-art business model that reinforces mission, vision, and values to provide services to Out-of-School Youth (OSY). The OSY program authorized by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and serves out-of-school and disconnected youth within the City and County of Denver.
In this procurement, they are seeking proposals from organizations that can recruit out-of-school or disconnected youth, provide pre-employment training and support, and coordinate various paid and unpaid work-related experiences to help the youth explore potential career opportunities. Out-of-school or disconnected youth are generally defined as people ages 16-24 who are (or were) entitled to a free public education in Colorado but lack a secondary school credential or its equivalent, are not currently enrolled in a K-12 institution, and may be unemployed or underemployed.
- Eligible respondents include governmental, educational institutions or not-for-profit organizations or agencies engaged in a public service.
- Private, for-profit organizations engaged in providing employment and training and educational opportunities may apply.
- Proposers must be registered with the Colorado Secretary of State to do business in Colorado.
- Entities that are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation in this transaction by any Federal department or agency are not eligible.
- Proposal reviews and awards are contingent upon respondents being current with the City on any loan, contractual, or tax obligation as due, and in compliance with rules, regulations, and provisions of existing or past City contracts.
For more information, visit City and County of Denver.