Donor Name: City of Norfolk
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1,378,254
Grant Duration: 1 year
In general, under the HOME Investment Partnerships Program, HUD allocates funds by formula among eligible State and local governments to strengthen public-private partnerships and to expand the supply of decent, safe, sanitary, and affordable housing, with primary attention to rental housing, for very low-income and low-income families.
HOME funds may be used to develop and support affordable rental housing and homeownership affordability through:
- Down Payment Assistance
- New Construction (by eligible CHDOs)
- Housing Rehabilitation
- CHDO Operating Expenses
- HOME Administration
- Tenant-based rental assistance
- Funds Available: $1,378,254.00
- The FY 2024 contract period will be July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
- This is a competitive process. Award recipients are not guaranteed funding from year to year.
- The lead organization applying for the grant must have an IRS designation of 501(c)(3) or be a government or quasi-government agency.
For more information, visit City of Norfolk.